|We've been roaming like buffalo. But we're back.|
Worry not, thrifters. Let's Go Thrifting! is back from a brief hiatus. And we're back...with a vengeance. Well, not really a vengeance, per se. I just like that saying. But we do have some exciting news, all of which will be discussed in detail during future posts. But here are a few teasers:
- As creator and lead writer for Let's Go Thrifting! I have been asked to lend my thrifting expertise in a special section of Macaroni Kid, a national newsletter and website for kid and family-friendly activities. In the near future you can expect to find tips, tricks and other thrift-related news, all written by your truly. I'll be sure to post links to the articles when published.
- Over the past two weeks, I've scored some quality finds from the thrift. Vintage exercise equipment, books, clothes and decor. I've even won a wonderful prize from a fellow thrifter! The details will follow tomorrow, along with some lovely pictures!
- We also have a small assortment of new photos that will soon be added to the Collections page and new thrift-related books to add to the Resources page. Fun and informative!
- I knew I would someday convince my sister to join the blogosphere. I'm just so glad she's also thrift-minded, that I might link my readers to her site without that guilty pang of shameless plugging. But my little sister (and by little, I mean age 21...still "little" to me) has started a blog about her love for fashion. She's always had an eye for color and style and couture. But...she also loves finding unique pieces at the thrift. Which, of course, I also convinced her to try. Right now, her blog is in the beginning stages, as she is a newbie and is learning the technical aspects. But you'll love her. I know I do! So stop by her blog I, For Fashion.
- And lastly, we are 7 followers away from our first freebie, The Big 5-0 Giveaway. So, tell a friend. Then go thrifting.
Stay tuned for the next exciting installment of Let's Go Thrifting!