But I have been brainstorming fun new ideas for the blog, some of which I have previously mentioned. I am hoping that these plans come into fruition in the very near future. But a lot of the ideas require a bit of spending money for gas and thrifted goods, or at the very least the ability to drive freely. Being a passenger at the mercy of others' kindness and quite possibly being a regular pain in the ass in the process has been nerve wracking. I see the doctor on Thursday for an exam and new set of xrays to see when I can kick off this wretched boot.
'Til then, here I am on the couch with my laptop and a cup of coffee. And on a brighter note, not all of the ideas rely upon dollars or driving. Take The Trading Post idea, for example. I think we can all have some real fun with this.
But I am asking for a little help in the form of some honest opinions. I'm debating on having The Trading Post segment of Let's Go Thrifting on a particular day. Should I attempt to incorporate this thought into the editorial schedule? Or should posts be sporadic, whenever the mood strikes and the goods must go? I am aiming for editorial consistency, but I don't want to take on so much where the site values quantity over quality of posts. What are your thoughts?
Also, I was thinking of having The Trading Post as a seperate tab or "page" as its known on Blogger. Though I'm not sure if this would help or hurt the process.
Hmm...still some things to consider with this project. But no matter the frequency or position on the blog, I'm hoping everyone who participates will have some fun finding "New (to you)" goods in all of your trades.
While I still have some decisions to make, here are the basics on the trading procedure.
Feel free to shoot off some questions or ideas. Your thrifty insight is very much appreciated!
|Wanna trade? Let's have a virtual shake on it!|
Welcome to The Trading Post!
This is a venue where bloggers and blog readers can share pictures and descriptions of wares they wish to be rid of, in exchange for goods they just got to have. Items will vary in size, style and value. But we’re hoping for some variety.
So take a look around, maybe initiate a trade.
Do you have an item you are looking to unload? If you’re a blogger, make your own Trading Post entry on your site, complete with photos and a description of the item. Then add your entry through our InLinkz list.
No blog? No problem! Just send an email with the info on your item to LetsGoThriftingBlog@gmail.com and we’ll post it for you.
What you will trade is entirely your decision, but remember that the parties involved in the trade are responsible for their own items and shipping policies.
Be honest. Have fun. And happy trading!
- Please be respectful of other bloggers and their items. If an item interests you pursue the possibility of a trade. If you’re not interested in the offer, politely turn it down.
- Don’t forget to mention the issue of shipping costs when negotiating a trade. Each trader is responsible for their own trades, including shipping. Let’s Go Thrifting will provide the venue for discussion, but the trades are entirely up to you.
- Please respond to trade inquiries promptly and ship out items in a timely fashion.
- Are you hunting down a specific item? Maybe you should include a Thrift Wish List with each Trading Post. Who knows? Maybe someone will have just what you are looking for.
- Be honest. Honesty is the best policy with photos, item descriptions and shipping terms. Don’t offer or agree on a trade if you don’t plan on following-through on the deal.
- Have an open mind and have fun. Don’t think someone will want to trade their Pyrex bowl for your Pog collection? You’ll never know until you ask.