I am thrilled to announce that Let's Go Thrifting has been nominated for a Liebster Award from the lovely Sally over at the Passport & Plates blog. Many thanks, Sally!
And what is the Liebster Award, you ask? The Liebster Award is a nomination-based online only recognition of new or up-and-coming bloggers for their achievements within the blogging community. When you accept this award, you proudly display the Liebster Award logo and nominate 11 blogs of your choosing you receive the award. This is cyclical way of community-building, whereby bloggers can loan their traffic to other bloggers, and readers can discover some fresh blogs to follow.
I was asked 11 questions over at Passports and Plates. And here are my answers:
- What inspired you to start blogging? I have contributed to several blogs as a freelance writer, but longed to start one of my own. And a blog about a favorite pastime activity seemed only natural.
- If you could live in any one country of the world, where would it be and why? Though I would love to be a world traveler, if I could only pick one country other than my own to live, it would be Japan without question. I was fortunate enough to spend six weeks in Tokyo studying abroad. It was an amazing experience of traditional Japanese culture mixed with advanced technologies/architecture/media.
- What is your favorite movie? Why? I don't think I could name any one movie as an all-time favorite. But right now my favorite movie is High Fidelity. I just re-wateched it today and could not stop laughing. I think it captured the tone of the book perfectly, and despite being a comedy...really captures the uncertainty of longtime relationships and new prospects...of music as communication....and Jack Black. I mean come on... his cover of "Let's Get It On." Perfection.
- What books/music are you currently reading/listening to? Right now I'm reading 'The Devil In The White City: Murder, Magic, And Madness At The Fair That Changed America' by Erik Larson. And music... I just found Booker T & The M.G.s on vinyl. It's amazing.
- What's your favorite quote? "Though the sex to which I belong is considered weak, you will nevertheless find me a rock that bends to no wind." ~ Queen Elizabeth I
- What is the best advice someone has ever given to you? To be myself without apology.
- What is your biggest goal/dream? To see Let's Go Thrifting become a brand that allows me to work completely for myself as a professional blogger/thrift shopper/writer without need for a supplemental income. And I'm working tirelessly toward that goal.
- What impact would you like to have on others? If my words on donating to thrift stores has kept even one bag of usable items from the landfill, I have done my part. But ultimately I would love to encourage and inspire others to be their best selves.
- What book or film has had the biggest impact on your life? I have always known that I wanted to be a writer. But Stephen King's 'On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft' really solidified that.
- What is your dream job? #7 pretty much answers this question. This is my dream job.
- Last meal on earth--what would it be? I'm going to cheat on this one and say a trip to Shady Maple Smorgasbord in East Earl, PA with family and friends.
And here are my 11 Liebster Award nominees!
Congratulations, bloggers. If you would like to participate in this shared community award, keep the cycle going by answering the 11 questions below on your blog, by nominating 11 bloggers of your choice for Liebster recognition, and by asking 11 of your own questions. And lastly, don't forget to link back to the blogger that nominated you.
Hey, that's me!
- What has been your biggest reward or achievement since beginning your blog?
- What is your hidden talent?
- What is the strangest thing you've ever encountered at a thrift store, yard sale, or flea market?
- If you could choose an alternate career path, what would that be?
- Who is your greatest role model?
- If you could go on a five-minute shopping spree at any store, which store would you pick?
- What is on your winter survival list?
- If you could wake up tomorrow an expert in any one skill/language/trade, what would that be and why?
- What is one piece of indispensable wisdom you would give to a beginning blogger?
- If you could go back in time and do one thing differently, what would that be?
- What future plans do you have for your blog?